Dice Base: Master - Magnetic Game Screen - RPG and Tabletop
Created by Hal Zucati
A more complete alternative to the Wyrmwood Magnetic GM Screen. More options. More features. Integrated storage and transport included.
Latest Updates from Our Project:
Three sets of screens shipping out this week.
over 1 year ago
– Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 12:00:38 AM
One is boxed up going out in the mail tomorrow and two are drying and will be boxed up tomorrow and sent out later in the day.
Who's the lucky backers?
I'll leave it to them to reply back to the campaign what they got and what they think.
More screens coming.
Just FYI here's what we're seeing for time it takes to complete one set of these GM screens.
Wood prep - 2 hours for 4 panels Machine time - 4 hours for 4 panels Sanding time - 1 hour for 4 panels Hand-Sanding - 30 minutes for 4 panels Magnet Install - 2-3 hours for 4 panels Finish work - 2-3 hours Engraving - 30 minutes/panel Packaging and shipping 1 hour per set.
That's a total of: 12-15 hours or so each set. When nothing goes wrong. These are by far the most labor intensive item we make right now and due to the size of the panels we've had to literally invent new processes to prevent damage and keep the wood ready for next step. We're getting pretty good, but all this time we've been working on this process and pieces.
And that's for a standard set in easy to work with Pine.
Thanks again for your patience.
over 1 year ago
– Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 07:59:45 PM
New year with new goals and rewards for us all.
So, here's what's up.
1. OrcaCon is happening January 12-14 here in Seattle (Bellevue actually) We're going and we're using it as a test of our new booth setup for the main event (Comic Con 2018 in March)
3. We owe lots of backer rewards which we want to get done before ECCC. That leaves about 6+ weeks to get a mountain of work done and finish prep and stock for the show.
Here's the plan as of today:
1. Finish and ship GM screens. We've got 90% about 60% done. Due to the nature of how these have to be made we've had to slow the process down to make sure they have time to properly air-dry and cure before we proceed into each next step. We had some serious failures before we found the right method, so these are going to take the time they do. But we've go literally stacks and stacks of milled and drilled panels ready for magnets and finishing. Heather, your portal is not started yet... .if the panels are hard, the portal is hard x10. We're getting the wood for it ready to plane this week and we should start on it next. When we ship your panel or need art for engraving, we'll be in touch, in the mean time, hang in there... your GM screens are not forgotten or lost, merely aging naturally as they must for now.
2. We're running as man Player Cores and Flumes as we can in the next few weeks to take to both conventions. We won't be selling Half or Quarter Cores, nor the same version of the Flume Fusion that were in either of those campaigns. We did work out an exclusive with ECCC so there will be a Flume Fusion version available at the show, but it won't be what anyone pledged for.
3. FLUME 2's - Half and Quarter Cores - and FLUME Fusions will all be in-process during and after the GM screens are finishing and complete.
WHEN WILL YOUR ORDER SHIP?
GM Screens before March
Half and Quarter Cores March - April
FLUME2 - April-May (You folks with the prototype cases... these are going take longer... Juneish...)
All other stuff like the two metal dice campaigns are on schedule for February/March delivery.
That's what we know today.
Thanks everyone for your support and patience.
Next two bases ship end of this week or early next...
over 1 year ago
– Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 12:58:04 AM
Depends on how fast we can make the portal.
Thanks everyone... we're on it and moving forward.
Heather W - Your Screen is Done
over 1 year ago
– Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 11:48:00 PM
That's right, I got one finished.
Its got all its parts and its been boxed up and is now waiting for address confirmation.
Here's what it looks like.
Also included is a single LED light kit, with two halves and a set of extra batteries.
Note that the holes left empty in the screen are for use as peg holes that can be inserted or removed as desired, or can be filed with metal pegs for magnets, or with magnets themselves.
This gives Heather lots of options for attaching and organizing both on the front and back of her screens... and don't forget, all the screens edges are magnetic too... for even more options.
Thanks so much for your patience Heather W, and for the case of mistaken identity with Heather M (she's still waiting).
So, that's what's going out to Heather as soon as we get address confirmation.
Jeff Obenschain - 4/5 panels machined (Cliffs needs machined) All need sanded
We're starting on Jeff's tomorrow (12/5) for machine and hand sanding.
David Di Muro
And the rest of our backers after these folks are shipped.
When will YOUR'S be done? I'd love to have a specific answer, for those in this list... in the order you see here... for the rest, likely in groups.
One thing we've found with this project, and one of the main reasons its been delayed so long is that it is very complex. More complex than all our other projects put together for machining, finishing and assembly. Not to mention all the customization folks added.
Its good, but slow.
Here's how we're going to tackle this moving forward. We've stopped work on all our other Kickstarter projects (that require my direct attention) and I'm focusing on this one by itself until its done.
That will not get these screens done for many of you for the holidays, or anywhere in the time-frame we estimated at the beginning, but it will speed up the process considerably.
Up till now I've been delegating and relying on my team to fill in the gaps while I bounce between multiple projects and its meant a lot of re-work and on the job learning... which is good for everyone, its just too slow.
We're going to work smarter, and harder and get these out before I take on anything else that will slow this process down.
Lessons learned, back to work.
over 1 year ago
– Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 01:12:27 AM
We're almost ready to start shipping,
Here's what's been going on, Flumes, GM Screens, Prep for Half and Quarter Cores Add-ons